Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sea to Sky Postcard

I painted this postcard for the Vancouver 2010 Olympics. It's a combination of 3 of our local West side Bowen Island beaches. The Mountains in the background including Black Tusk can be seen from Crayola beach. The Boats were inspired from Bowen Bay beach, the Cliff was King Edward Bay, and the Arbutus tree is my artistic license. The Snug Cove General Store, Phoenix Photo, as well as Cate's Pharmacy bough cards to sell in their stores. I love our community, it is so very supportive. I had the cards printed using Tree Free paper and Soy based low VOC inks. It costs more, but it's worth it to save a tree. I'm also happy to report that the original painting was sold! Cheers to small successes.
If you would like a postcard you can find one here on my Etsy store

No comments:

Post a Comment