Monday, January 4, 2010

A New Year, a new project


Well it's 2010 and so I felt it was time to update my blog! 2009 was busy, I've been working hard to try and get my name out there as an emerging illustrator, but I've also been sewing, crafting, renovating, traveling and so much more. On December 31st I finally finished the last illustration for the Children's book that I've been working on since March. With 20 full colour illustrations this was my greatest achievement of 2009. The book is called "The Man With No Face for a Face" written by David Tilgner and is to be published by Skatch publishing, hopefully this year.
So, with the book finished, Christmas over, and a new year just begun, I've been thinking of what my next project should be.



I love nothing better than creating. Designing, crafting, sewing, drawing, painting, sculpting .... I thought it would be fun to start a craft blog!
I'm looking forward to sharing some of my creative ideas. The plan is to have photos and instructions along with patterns, tips and tricks, all for free of course. I'm also hoping to get lots of feedback from all you crafters out there.

The first Craft on the list :

The Matryoshka Doll Microwavable Bed Warmer

I made 10 of these little dolls for our local Christmas craft fair, and sold out. They are a fun craft that is not too complicated. You can also use up some of your scrap fabric as it doesn't take much. The matryoshka doll image has been quite popular these days, these little dolls make perfect original hand made gifts.Here are a few photographs of the prototypes. The pattern and instructions will be posted, hopefully tomorrow, so I hope you will visit my blog again soon, and often, as I have lots of crafty ideas still to come.


1 comment: